Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Cards

Savannah, Georgia is known for celebrating St. Patrick's Day in a huge way.  I believe the parade is the second largest (or at least use to be).  There are many Irish in the area and we celebrate their heritage.

The fountains are colored green for St. Patrick's Day

   I use to work downtown Savannah and the Custom House where I worked is right on the parade route.  This year I will miss it since I am now retired and will probably watch the parade on TV. 
US Custom House

Building behind the Custom House lit up in green.

Yes.  I will miss the excitement of downtown Savannah.


I made a few cards to celebrate the occasion.







This week is also my Anniversary week ---- yes----I should have known better than to plan a wedding at one of the busiest time of the year in Savannah, but that is a different story to tell at a later time.

I will leave with you the Irish Blessing inside the cards --

May you have love that never ends
lots of money,
and lots of friends
Health be yours whatever you do,
And may God send many
Blessings to you 

4 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Yeah for Green Fountains of Savannah! Love it! Aunt Sidney, needs to come and visit doesn't she? No, We should go to Ireland instead!

Glenda said...

I vote for Ireland. She could show us around. Ya listening Sidney?!!!!

Karen said...

I am DEFINATELY listening!!! Think we can make it by St. Patricks Day??? We have standing invitations for many, many things!!
I can't tell you how much I would love to return! Someday.
Oh, and the cards are too, too adroable Glenda. Love them!!

Sidney said...

Ooops Glenda, I forgot to sign out as Karen after I posted her China stuff to her blog. Sorry about that! Sidney