Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I finally put up the Christmas trees; two this year.  I didn't decorate this year as much as in past years but at least it looks a little more like Christmas now.

While going through some of my things for a yard sale, I ran across a box of all kinds of lace trim that had no doubt been my mothers.  One particular roll was some pretty lace like trim and enough to decorate a small tree.  So, remembering a little tree that I have had since our Germany days, I thought I would bring it down from the attic.  My goal was to decorate it with the trim and some old, old ornaments that rarely get used anymore.  It is not a particular pretty little tree, but it did bring back some memories of when my girls were  little.





A  big tree has stood in the same corner every Christmas
































The stockings are hung but this is only half of the stockings to hang.   (I need more hooks)


Two of my grandsons are here with us for awhile.....their elf found them........watching!

2 comments:

Laurence and Sidney said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! I love so many things, the silent light w/Madonna & child ornament, the nostalgia of the tree from Germany, the fun stockings......Love your big tree. christmas at your house must be like going to Santaland!!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

AH! He found them! And, I hope you put more pics up. I would like to know where that ELf Lands each night. ~ Great Christmas Trees.