Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Mother's Handwork


My mother died two years ago the past Nov. 19th. I miss her every day but especially during the holidays. Today I loaded a sd photo card in my computer and found these pictures. I have two drawers full of her embroidered and crochet handwork. My mother loved to sew, crochet, and embroider. I believe she did most of these as a young woman. Some of these were probably stitched for her "Hope Chest".
I believe these pictures were taken by my daughter.







2 comments:

Laurence and Sidney said...

I am so glad you have these beautiful pieces of your heritage!! They're beautiful!!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

I did take these pictures. I was going to use them for my blog. I forgot about using them. I wonder if she did these during the winter while thinking about Spring? It seems like a nice comfy projet to do.