Monday, December 6, 2010

Stained Glass

When we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, I took some stained glass classes and enjoyed crafting during the dark days of winter.  Here are a few pictures of the stained glass items I still have. I use to make mostly sun catchers (small items that hang in a window).  I sold a good bit of the items while living in Alaska.  Some of these are early works and as you can tell, the beading is not too good.  As time progressed, I did get a little better at making the beading smoother.     

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS

















This is not really a ornament for the tree but a sun catcher
and a crystal in the middle. Also glass etched with an etching compound.


WINDOW ART

I made around five or so framed rose stained glass in pinks and reds.  This is one of my favorite rose patterns.  I wish I had a picture of a red rose I made, but I gave it as a gift and never got a picture. (time before SD cards). 
Abstract.  Lead came project.


HANGING LAMP

My favorite of all time projects simply because it took the most time.


3 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

I think you should do a sweet nativity scene for Christmas. I am sure I can find you a picture out of a coloring book. ;)

Laurence and Sidney said...

Aren't you glad you didn't sell/give away everything!! Love the lamp! Which daughter has spoken for that??? LOL
Such fun projects! I always told my students to be sure to keep some of their first projects because it is so great to look at and see the progress you've made!!
Love the ornaments and the rose windowhanging is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

Maria said...

Wow, I wish I could do that, I actually have a long list of I wish I could do that, but those are beautiful.