Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blue Man Group

Phil, Chris and Matt

Back about 1987 the "original Blue Man" formed the group know as Blue Man Group. They performed at various venues around NYC and in 1991 opened the show "Tubes" at the Astor Place Theater.  The original Blue Man performed all of the shows in the early years.  My mother made their first "jump suit type" costume.....why....because Phil is my brother.  And as they say.....the rest is history.

This past weekend we had the privilege of attending the road show of Blue Man at the Fox Theater in Atlanta; compliments of my brother, Phil Stanton. I have seen the show in NY, Las Vegas and Orlando and all were a neat experience, especially when Phil (aka Bruce to the family) could attend. However, the show at the famous Fox Theater was a real treat. That theater is beautiful.  Here are a few pictures of the inside.  I apologize for the darkness of the pics and they certainly do not do justice to the beautiful architecture. I wish I had taken more pictures.





You can't see in the pic very well but there are stars in the ceiling,  giving you a feel of being under the night sky.

Borrowed pics





Never did I ever think I would see my baby brother's group in "lights"....

...nor at "the" Fox Theater


The show was so much fun and after the show the band and the three Blue Man takes pictures with the fans.
Band


Many thanks to Phil.

2 comments:

Laurence and Sidney said...

Glenda, what a fun, fun time!! So glad you got to go!! We loved getting to attend in Boston. It was incredible!! Thanks again to Phil!!
Love you guys!!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Yeah! For all things "Blue". Glad you had a good time, MOm. We are sorry that we had to miss it.